Entry of individuals into civilian competitions shall be authorized only when such participation may be expected to bring credit to the CF. The conditions and approving authorities for participation in civilian competitions are in Annex B; applications for approval shall be submitted in accordance with Appendix 1 to Annex B. In no case should participation in civilian competition take priority over the development of base programs or conflict with participation in CF regional or national championships.
ANNEX B, APPENDIX 1 -- APPLICATIONS TO ENTER SPORTS COMPETITIONS
1. Applications to base commander, CHQ or NDHQ for individuals or teams (as athletes or officials) to enter civilian provincial, civilian national, civilian international or military international competitions shall be submitted through proper channels and shall contain the following information;
a. sport to be competed in;
b. level of competition;
c. indication of intent to continue onward to subsequent higher competition levels complete with the proposed dates and locations of the higher level competitions;
d. location of competition;
e. competition dates;
f. name of conducting organization;
g. whether representing the CF or a civilian organization;
h. substantiation for participation to include --
(1) a letter from the recognized sport body confirming that the member has met all competition requirements needed to advance to the next higher level of competition and is eligible to compete accordingly (eg, won provincial to advance to national) and
(2) when applicable, a letter from the Fitness &Sports Director or Sports Coordinator confirming the member's participation in the CF sports program as part of the member's eligibility (eg, regional, national level participation)
j. Service particulars of participants;
k. whether costs are to be met in whole or in part by the conducting organization;
m. estimated cost of temporary duty allowance;
n. proposed method of travel and estimated costs;
p. other costs;
q. where applicable, what local or command funds are available to meet costs;
r. F&S Dir acknowledgement that the aforementioned information has been reviewed and is correct; and
s. command recommendations when applicable.
2. The requesting individual is responsible for raising the request and providing all the required details in time to meet the deadlines prescribed in Annex B. Although, at times, some competitions may not allow for adequate lead time, all paper work including letters or substantiation less the latest competition results should be prepared in advance. Only in exceptional cases will applications not meeting the deadlines be considered.
3. The appropriate The F&S Dir is responsible to ensure the information is accurate and that the individual has achieved the CF physical fitness standard prior to onward submission.