Some of the links below lead to a site belonging to an entity not subject to the Official Languages Act. Information on this site is available in the language of the site.
Alcohol, Other Drugs and Gambling Awareness
See the Health Promotion Activities registration page for workshop dates.
What are the goals of 'nicotine cessation'?
- Preventing people from starting smoking
- Support smokers who wish to quit
- Protect members from exposure to second-hand tobacco smoke
Did you know that the average smoker attempts quitting several times before succeeding? So don't let a failed attempt prevent you from reaching your goal. Learn from your attempts. When you are finally ready you will succeed. The benefits of quitting add up not only in your pocket book but also in significant health benefits for you and your loved ones.
What are the goals of 'substance free living' and 'addictions free living - gambling'?
- Prevent abuse of alcohol by CF members
- Increase awareness of signs of alcohol and other drug abuse
- Increase awareness of sources of help for those dealing with alcohol and other drug abuse
- Increase awareness of signs of problem gambling.
- Increase awareness of sources of help for those dealing gambling addictions.
Did you know about the Low-Risk Drinking Guidelines?
Zero drinks is the lowest risk of an alcohol-related problems!
A standard drink is 13.6 grams of alcohol or 5 oz/142 mL of wine (12% alcohol), 1.5 oz/43 mL of spirits (40% alcohol), 12 oz/341 mL of regular beer (5% alcohol).
Limit yourself to 2 standard drinks on any one-day.
Women: up to 9 standard drinks a week
Men: up to 14 standard drinks a week