Stress: Take Charge
Managing Your Angry Moments
Basic Relationship Training
Mental Fitness & Suicide Awareness
See the Health Promotion Activities registration page for workshop dates.
What are the goals of 'stress management'?
- Identify the symptoms and causes of stress
- Help to identify and learn tools to handle your stressors
- Learn physical, and social skills to avoid distress
- Nurturing communication and support
Did you know that chronic stress is a primary culprit leading to heart disease and cancer? Dealing with stress can be as simple as taking a brisk 5 min walk break or tossing around a stress ball with a colleague? Add a little fun and some laughter to your day to help reduce those frown lines and relax your shoulders.
What are the goals of suicide prevention?
- Create an awareness of suicide
- Recognize the signs and symptoms of suicide
- Assist in reducing suicidal behaviours
Did you know that suicide is still a taboo topic? Denial, secrecy and avoidance remain typical responses. We can overcome these notions and feelings to improve our willingness and ability to help people with thoughts of suicide.
SUICIDE PREVENTION: IT'S EVERYBODY'S BUSINESS