||30 Festubert Blvd. Bldg S117
Petawawa, ON K8H 2X3
“Supporting the effective integration and inclusion of all families.”
Community Recreation is an established recreation service provider in Renfrew County for all ages that actively practices integration and inclusion. Our programs are accessible for all families with mild to moderate needs.
We are committed to ensuring each and every child can attend a recreation program regardless of financial circumstances. Recreation provides children with an opportunity to meet new friends, learn new skills and discover new interests all in a supportive environment.
Community Recreation is a registered organization with HIGH FIVE which is the national quality assurance standard for recreation and sport programs. By implementing the HIGH FIVE Principles and Design Guidelines, our primary focus is the healthy development of a child.
- To foster optimal physical, mental and emotional health in all children.
- To offer an adaptable environment that supports uniqueness and diversity, provides a safe environment, and recognizes age appropriateness.
- To ensure an effective integrated system of services and supports for all children regardless of need.
- Programs that are fully accessible with maximum participation.
- A safe environment free from physical and emotional stressors.
- Participants able to garner the benefits of participating in recreation and leisure activities.
- Children aged 3-12 years.
- Children with any integration need including emotional, mental, social or physical challenges are welcome and encouraged to participate.
- Children with diverse financial backgrounds.
- Contact the Recreation Coordinator to discuss participation in a recreation program. The child’s abilities will be discussed to find the best recreational program fit.
- External agencies are often contacted to access funding or to share assessments of child once the guardian has signed the consent form to release personal information with the agency.
- Primarily, Community Recreation holds partnerships with the County of Renfrew Integration Services, Developmental Services with the Ministry of Children and Youth, Community Living, Phoenix Centre for Families, and Service Clubs.
- An opportunity to meet with the Support Worker or Programmer prior to attending the program will be provided. At this time, goals and techniques will be discussed to ensure maximum participation.
- Resources and tool kits are also provided to the staff and child during program operation.
Community Recreation holds additional partnerships with external agencies to ensure equitable access to all recreation programs. We work closely with the County of Renfrew Child Care Services, Children’s Poverty Action Network, Family and Children’s Services, Petawawa’s Military Family Resource Centre, and local Service Clubs.
Contact the Recreation Coordinator to discuss options to ensure the child can attend the recreation program of their choice.
For More information please contact Felicia Arsenault at 613-687-5511 ext 2819 or by email