17 WING WINNIPEG
REFERENCES: A. CFAO 50-3
B. Official Rule Book of the CCA
NAME AND LOCATION
1. The name of the league shall be 17 WG Winnipeg Intersection Curling League.
2. The Rec Centre will allocate the Assiniboine Curling Club for league and play-off games.
3. The aim of the 17 WG I/S Curling League is to promote physical fitness, good fellowship, athletic development and sportsmanship while playing a competitive brand of curling
4. The 17 WG I/S Curling League shall play IAW the Canadian Curling Association with the exceptions listed in the By-Laws.
5. Membership in the 17 WG Curling League shall be open to all Military Regular Members, Reserves Classes A, B, C and DND employees.
6. The Executive of the 17 Wg I/S Curling League will consist of:
- Sports Coordinator-shall preside over the league meetings and shall conduct the general supervision and direction of all business pertaining to the 17 Wg I/S Curling League. The Sports Coordinator shall handle all matters pertaining to the rules and regulations of the 17 Wg I/S Curling League. He shall not be a voting member.
7. Prior to the beginning of a new season, the Rec Centre shall advertise an organizational meeting.
8. The Sports Coordinator shall call meetings when deemed necessary.
9. There shall be a post-season meeting to discuss activities that occurred during the year and to make recommendations for the next season.
10. The Sports Coordinator, if he deems necessary, may call a meeting of the Executive at the request of any one team. League meetings will be held at the request of the Sports Coordinator Executive.
11. Only the Executive and one member of each team will vote on matters pertaining to the League. Constitutional amendment requires a majority vote during a league meeting where a quorum of more than 50% exists.
12. A fee, to be determined at the annual organizational meeting, shall be assessed to each team to defray the cost of ice rental, and awards. This money shall be collected by the Rec Centre when the team submits their team roster. All teams shall have paid prior to playing in 17 Wg I/S Curling League. Refunds shall only be allowed in circumstances deemed appropriate by the Rec Centre.
13. The By-laws attached to this constitution describe the rules and regulations of the 17 Wg I/S Curling League. Any By-Laws found to be contrary to CFAO 50-3 of CCA rules shall be deemed invalid except for noted authorized changes.
14. This Constitution and By-laws supersedes all previous Constitutions and By-Laws prepared and published by the League.
F & S Director
23 Sep 10
INTERSECTION CURLING RULES 2010-11
1. Rules of the (CCA) Canadian Curling Association will apply with the exception of the following.
a. Games will be eight (8) ends (with time limit).
b. The timing buzzer will sound after ninety (90) minutes, complete the end you are on plus one (1) more.
c. In the event of a tie
1. If eight (8) ends have been completed before the buzzer, teams will play one (1) extra end. If the teams are still tied, skip rocks are played (no sweeping and no one holding the broom):
d. Team composition: teams may register a maximum of 15 players and a minimum of eight players. Players are eligible to play for only one team. Teams may augment their lists provided they have less than a full roster. Players who quit, retire etc. may be replaced, provided names are submitted to the Sports Coordinator at Bldg 90, Local 5511.
e. All draws will be on Tuesdays at 1345 hrs at the Assiniboine Memorial Curling Club (940 Vimy Rd.).
f. Cancellations: To cancel games you must contact your opponent NLT 1000 hrs the day of the draw. The sports coordinator at Bldg 90, local 5511 is to be notified of cancellations. Not contacting your opponent will result in a default. Teams defaulting three (3) matches (military commitments will not be considered a default) will result in the team being removed from the remainder of the league play (no refunds);
g. There will be a $50.00 league fee to be submitted to the Sports Coordinator N.L.T. Thu 7 Oct 10 1600HRS.
h. Lateness: There will be a fifteen (15) minute grace period for late teams. If after fifteen minutes, no team shows up, they will default the match.
i. Minimum to play. A minimum three (3) players are required to play the match;
j. Protest: All protest will be in writing to the Sports Coordinator at Bldg 90 F&S Centre within 24 Hrs after the match.
k. Winning Skips are responsible for calling or e-mailing in their scores to the Sports Coord. immediately after each game. Scores not called in by the end of the round robin will result in a loss for both teams.
l. Nominal Rolls are due Tue 5 Oct 10. Registration Fees due Thu 7 Oct 10. The schedule will be sent out Thu 14 Oct 10.
m. The first round will commence on Tue 19 Oct 10, 1345 hrs at the Assiniboine Memorial Curling Club.
n. Team members are required to play 3 regular season games to be eligible for the playoffs.
17 Wing Sports Coordinator
Return to I/S Curling